Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Problem: Online Application Questions...

I'm getting sick of filling out online applications but it's not the application I have the problem with. I'm talking about those STUPID "Assessment Questions" that almost every single employer is using nowadays. This is pure BULLSHIT, I will tell you why right now. Every question formulates around these four topics: Stealing, Drug Usage, Commitments and Stress. Sometimes you'll even get the same question BUT it will be reworded to look like something else. I know the whole point is to see who is applying for your position AND what type of person they are. But everyone knows when you fill those out that the only answer it can be (when choosing multiple choice answers) is "Strongly Agree" or sometimes "Strongly Disagree"; anything in between and you are guaranteed NOT to get the job.

This GIANT waste of time is practically going to do NOTHING for you. My question is why don't they ask some of these questions in the FREAKING Interview instead of online where people could just [lie] about the answers. The computer cannot tell your emotions when filling it out or selecting answers, so why not ask in the interview itself. It's even a more WASTE of time to YOU when, you fill out all the questions (45 minutes to 2 hours worth), have the interview and they don't even have the balls to give you a decent phone call back or some more "corporate" companies will email you a "Copy and Paste" template stating: Dear XXXX we think that your experience qualifies you for another position but not this one. The punchline is to that, "YOUR DUMB and we found someone better". I bet at this point this sure sounds like a rant, and your probably correct. I just think those questions should be destroyed. If anything they should ask questions that are actually going to be of use and instead of asking me worthless crap about showing up on time and do I smoke crack or not. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment