Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Awesomeness: Chocolate Milk

There are a many of things that I love in this great world and one of those things is Chocolate Milk. As I sit here writing, I'm also drinking a cold cup of the Chocolate Goodness. It just sets me off in a good mood in general. I know some of you are thinking, your 25 and still drink milk? Regardless of my age I know, I will love milk in general forever. Milk is what makes you grow, makes your bones stronger, grows your fingernails and pretty much goes good with anything. Hershey's Syrup is my first choice when I want to indulge into my chocolate-fantasy world and then if that isn't available, I'll spring for Nesquik. Why write about Chocolate Milk you might ask; everyone has something that just sets them off when they consume it. When I'm drinking, it feels like the smoothest, delicious, just perfect thing to drink.

But where did Chocolate Milk begin? Surely it just didn't appear... In 1689, Sir Hans Sloane an British physician, discovered chocolate milk in Jamaica where the indigenous people mixed chocolate with water. After a few different trial and errors he simply found that chocolate tasted better in milk and later sold his recipe in London to an apothecary. As of a recent study in November 2009 conducted by scientists in Barcelona, Spain suggests that regularly consuming skim milk with cocoa rich in flavonoids may reduce inflammation and slow or prevent the development of atherosclerosis.

Sold in Powder or Syrups and all types of different varieties, such as pre-made or do it yourself, variants of chocolate milk are candy-bar themed pre-mixed drinks, which claim to mimic the flavors of popular candy bars such as Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, or Snickers. So over and over again Chocolate Milk has made itself known and people of all ages have come to like the Awesomeness that it provides.

Regardless of your age, I hope that you can give Chocolate Milk the chance (if you haven't already) to make your day (or night) a special one. A simple drink but a lifetime of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment